The second edition of this popular text presents the current diagnostic and therapeutic surgical treatments for low back pain as well as the anatomic and physiologic rationale for their application. Leading experts in the field of spine surgery, neurosurgery, and orthopaedics provide evidence-based discussions of the indications, various techniques, and anticipated results of surgical intervention for pain of the lumbar spine. The book presents key clinical information on pathophysiology, imaging modalities, patient selection, biomechanics, minimally invasive approaches, and complication management.
Features of this edition:
This book provides clinicians with a solid foundation in the range of surgical approaches for the effective treatment of low back pain. Comprehensive and up-to-date, it will enhance the clinical armamentarium of spine surgeons, neurosurgeons, orthopaedists, and fellows and residents in these specialties.
Table of Contents
1) Lumbar Fusion for Degenerative Disease of the Spine: What the Literature Supports
2) The Pathophysiology of Low Back Pain and its Treatment
3) Imaging Modalities for Low Back Pain: MRI
4) Imaging Modalities for Low back Pain: Discography
5) Biomechanics and Technique Selection for Lumbar Fusion
6) Minimally Measuring, Preserving, and Restoring Sagittal Balance in Reconstructive Spine Surgery
8) Facet Mediated Versus "Discogenic" Pain- Differences in Presentation and Treatment
9) Posterolateral Fusion with or without Pedicle Screws for Low Back Pain
10) Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion for the Treatment of Low Back Pain
11) PLIF Techniques
12) Open TLIF Techniques: The Basics and their Role in Deformity Reduction
13) Minimally Incisional TLIF Techniques: When, How, and for Whom
14) Bone Biology and Lumbar Fusion
15) Bone Graft Extenders and Substitutes
16) Growth Factors for Spinal Fusion
17) Gene Therapy and Tissue Engineering for Spinal Fusion
18) Tissue Engineering and Strategies for Disc regeneration
19) Cost Effectiveness of Lumbar Fusion
20) Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy
21) Radiofrequency Nuclear Decompression Nucleoplasty
22) Disc Arthroplasty: Basic Principles, Rationale, and Overview
23) Disc Arthroplasty: The Charite Study- What does it really mean?
No hay reseñas de clientes en este momento.