Encompassing allanesthesia topics from basic toadvanced, Miller's Anesthesia Review, 3rd Edition,by Drs. Lorraine M. Sdrales andRonald D. Miller, is anideal study guide to assess yourknowledge and deepenyour understanding. This easy-to-useresource is conveniently cross-referenced to the newestedition of Miller &Pardo: Basics of Anesthesia. Hundreds of questions cover everything from physiologic and pharmacologic principles through anesthetic machine systems, anesthetic delivery in a variety of settings, andanesthesia administration for a full range of disease states.
New to this Edition:
- Includes new chapters on Neurotoxicity of Anesthesia, Palliative Care, Sleep Medicine, and Perioperative Surgical Home.
- Brings you fully up todate with revised questions throughout, progressing logically from basic toadvanced topics.
- Covers hot topics such as Implantable Cardiac Pulse Generators, Anesthesia for Robotic Surgery, Perioperative Blindness, HumanPerformance and Patient Safety, and Civil, Chemical, and BiologicalWarfare.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to searchall of thetext, figures, Q&As, and references from the bookon a variety of devices.
- Corresponds to Miller & Pardo's Basics of Anesthesia to help you makethe most of your studytime and learn more efficiently.
- Provides immediate feedback with detailed answers to each questionat the end of every chapter,cross-referenced to specific pages in Basics of Anesthesia.
By Lorraine M Sdrales, MD, Assistant ClinicalProfessor, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, SanFrancisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA; Staff Anesthesiologist,Cedars-SinaiMedical Center, Los Angeles, CA and Ronald D.Miller, MD, MS, Professor Emertius of Anesthesia and PerioperativeCare, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, SanFrancisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California
TABLE OF CONTENTS
SECTION 1: INTRODUCTION
1. Scope of Anesthesia Practice
2. Anesthesia InformationSystems
SECTION 2: PHARMACOLOGYAND PHYSIOLOGY
3. Basic Pharmacologic Principles
4. Clinical Cardiac and Pulmonary Pharmacology
5. Autonomic Nervous System
6. Inhaled Anesthetics
7. Intravenous Anesthetics
9. Local Anesthetics
10. Neuromuscular Blocking Agents
SECTION 3: PREOPERATIVEPREPARATION AND INTRAOPERATIVE MANAGEMENT
11. Anesthesia Neurotoxicity
12. Preoperative Evaluationand Medication
13. Choice of Anesthetic Technique
14. Anesthesia DeliverySystems
15. Airway Management
16. Spinal, Epidural, and Caudal Anesthesia
17. Peripheral Nerve Blocks
18. Positioning and Associated Risks
19. Anesthetic Monitoring
20. Acid-Base Balance and Blood Gas Analysis
22. Fluid Management
23. Blood Therapy
SECTION 4: SPECIALANESTHETIC CONSIDERATIONS
24. Cardiovascular Disease
25. Congenital Heart Disease
26. Chronic Pulmonary Disease and ThoracicAnesthesia
27. Renal, Liver, and BiliaryTract Disease
28. Nutritional, Gastrointestinal, and Endocrine Disease
29. Central Nervous System Disease
30. Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
34. Elderly Patients
35. Organ Transplantation
36. Outpatient Surgery
37. Non-Operating Room Anesthesia Care
SECTION 5: THERECOVERY PERIOD
38. Postanesthesia Recovery
39. Perioperative PainManagement
SECTION 6: CONSULTANTANESTHETIC PRACTICE
40. Critical Care Medicine
41. Anesthesia for Trauma
42. Natural and Human-InducedDisasters
43. Chronic Pain Management
44. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
45. Awareness under Anesthesia
46. Quality and Patient Safety
47. Palliative Care
48. Sleep Medicine
No hay reseñas de clientes en este momento.
1 025,00 €