This handbook covers the diagnosis, etiology, and treatmentof conditions affecting the locomotor system in small animals. The 4th editionpresents up-to-date information on various types of fractures and methods offixation, lameness and joint surgery, and musculoskeletal diseases. Other keytopics include: acute and chronic bone infections transplantation, plating,wiring, and pinning techniques bone grafting reconstructive joint surgery andosteochondrosis.
- Clear, concise coverage covers the pathology, diagnostic work-up, surgicalindications and planning, surgical approach, surgical techniques,complications, and follow-up recommendations for the most common orthopedicconditions.
- Step-by-step line drawings clearly illustrate different types of fracturesand demonstrate the surgical procedures used to affect repairs - detail thatcan""t be conveyed in clinical photographs.
- Anatomical organization provides quick access to information on bothfractures and other conditions for each region of the body.
New to this Edition:
- NEW! Advances in joint surgeries, specifically the knee, shoulder, and elbow,keep practitioners abreast of the latest technology and best practices.
- NEW! Coverage of minimally invasive surgery has been added to the manychapters.
- NEW! Advances in imaging (MRI, CT, and radiographs) are included to keeppractitioners up to date on the latest technology.
- Updates on new fixation technologies include angle stable interlocking nailsand locking plate fracture fixation systems.
- Updates on common surgeries include triple pelvic osteotomy and total hipreplacement.
- NEW! High-definition clinical photographs have been added to give readers acloser view of various fractures and repair techniques.
Part I: Diagnosis and Treatment of Fractures, Lameness and Joint Disease
1. Orthopedic Examination and Diagnostic Tools
2. Fractures: Classification, Diagnosis, and Treatment
3. Bone Grafting
4. Delayed Union and Nonunion
5. Treatment of Acute and Chronic Bone Infections
7. Principles of Joint Surgery
8. Arthroscopy in Joint Surgery
Part II: Fractures and Orthopedic Conditions of the Forelimb
9. Fractures of the Scapula
10. The Shoulder Joint
11. Fractures of the Humerus
12. The Elbow Joint
13. Fractures of the Radius and Ulna
14. Fractures and Other Orthopedic Conditions of the Carpus, Metacarpus, andPhalanges
Part III: Fractures and Orthopedic Conditions of the Hindlimb
15. Fractures of the Pelvis
16. The Hip Joint
17. Fractures of the Femur and Patella
18. The Stifle Joint
19. Fractures of the Tibia and Fibula
20. Fractures and Other Orthopedic Injuries of the Tarsus, Metatarsus, andPhalanges
Part IV: Other Fractures and Reconstruction of Bone Deformity
21. Fractures and Luxations of the Mandible and Maxilla
22. Fractures in Growing Animals
23. Correction of Abnormal Bone Growth and Healing
Part V: Miscellaneous Conditions of the Musculoskeletal System
24. Disease Conditions in Small Animals
No hay reseñas de clientes en este momento.
1 025,00 €