Liu, Volpe, and Galetta's Neuro-Ophthalmology: Diagnosis and Management, 3rd Editionremains unique in its complete, authoritative coverage of the diagnosis andtreatment of neurological disorders affecting the eye. Bridging the gap betweena handbook and an encyclopedic resource, it distills a vast amount of information into a single,concise, superbly illustrated volume. User-friendly and thoroughly up to date,this highly renowned reference is a one-stop resource for current informationin this growing area.
· Combines over 1,000 illustrations andcross references with tables, outlines, and flow-diagrams to provide you witheverything you need to understand the underlying presentation, pathophysiology,neuroimaging, and diagnostic studies in neuro-ophthalmology, along with theideal diagnostic, treatment, and ongoing management tools for allneuro-ophthalmic conditions.
· Covers the neurological examination andthe bedside neuro-ophthalmic evaluation of comatose patients that demonstrateshow the examination can be used to confirm a diagnosis arrived at from thepatient history.
· Includes the expertise and knowledge of asmall, hand-picked contributor team that ensure the latest advances areincorporated into each chapter.
New tothis Edition
· Contains increased coverage on the use ofoptical coherence tomography (OCT) and its role in revolutionizing the abilityto make more accurate neuro-ophthalmic diagnoses.
· Features twice the number of videos as theprevious edition, including new footage of eye movement and eyelid disorders,pupillary abnormalities, and examination techniques. Also included areinstructional videos demonstrating diagnostic bedside vestibular techniques inaddition to therapeutic repositioning maneuvers used to treat all variants(i.e., posterior, horizontal, and anterior canals) of benign paroxysmalpositional vertigo (BPPV).
· Provides all-new information on gazedisorders, nystagmus, and neuro-ophthalmic manifestations of demyelinatingdisease.
· Presents current knowledge on vestibulardisease and the neuro-ophthalmic manifestations of head trauma, as well asbrainstem, cerebellar, and degenerative diseases.
· Expert Consult eBook version includedwith purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of thetext, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Grant T. Liu, MD, Professor of Neurology and Ophthalmology, Division ofNeuro-Ophthalmology, Departments of Neurology and Ophthalmology, Hospital ofthe University of Pennsylvania, Schei Eye Institute, and the Children'sHospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine,Philadelphia, PA, USA; Nicholas J. Volpe, MD, Adele Niessen Professor ofOphthalmology and Neurology, Division of Neuro-Ophthalmology, Departments ofNeurology and Ophthalmology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, ScheieEye Institute, and The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, University ofPennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA and Steven L. Galetta, MD,Philip K. Moskowitz, MD Professor and Chair of Neurology, Department ofNeurology; Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, NYU Langone Medical Center,New York, NY, USA
No hay reseñas de clientes en este momento.
1 025,00 €