This bookis a practical guide to theuse of modern radiation therapy techniques in women with gynecological cancers. Step-by-step instruction is provided onsimulation, contouring, and treatment planning and delivery forcancers of the cervix, endometrium,vagina, and vulva. Beyondexternal beam radiation delivery, full details are presented on three-dimensionalbrachytherapy at all sites for whichit is applicable.Moreover, in-depth guidance is offeredon the variousadvanced techniques of radiation delivery,including intensity-modulated radiation therapy, image guidance for external beam and brachytherapy,and stereotactic body radiotherapy.
Radiation therapyis a critical component of themultidisciplinary managementof gynecological tumors. With moderntechnology, both external beam radiation and brachytherapy can be delivered in a highly conformal way. This requires precise contouring and accurate planning techniques. In clearly describing the indications for and thedelivery of quality radiation therapy for gynecologicaltumors, this book will benefitradiation oncologists,medical physicists, medical dosimetrists,radiation therapists, and radiotherapy residents.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Patient Immobilization,Simulation and Imaging Methods-
2. Anatomy and Target delineation - definitive and postop adjuvant
3. Three-Dimensional Planning Techniques-Pelvic and extended field
4. Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy and Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy - Pelvic and extended field
5. Image Guidance for treatment ofgynecological cancers
6. Intracavitary brachytherapy-Definitive, preoperative and adjuvant
7. Interstitial brachytherapy-Definitive and adjuvant
8. SBRT and other newer miscellaneoustreatment delivery techniques
No hay reseñas de clientes en este momento.
1 025,00 €