With a focuson evidence-based, state-of-the-art informationthroughout, the eighth edition of Irwin andRippes Intensive CareMedicine offers authoritativeguidance to the wide varietyof specialty physicians and non-physicians practicing in the adult intensivecare environment. This comprehensive textbook covers both the theoretical and practical aspectsof the field,and has been completely updated to provide encyclopedic,interprofessional coverage to support practitionersin every area of this complexfield.
- Approaches intensive care from an interprofessional,collaborative perspective, encompassing anesthesia, surgery, trauma, and neuro [should thisbe neurology, or something different?], as well as cardiovascular andmedical intensive care.
- Maintains a practical, clinically-oriented approach, with comprehensive sections on procedures,techniques, and ultrasound; minimally invasive monitoring; pharmacology, overdoses, and poisoning; infectious disease; transplantation; critical care consequences of agents ofmass destruction; and many more.
- Features many new chapters,and an entirelynew section on Palliative Care and Ethical Issuesin the Critical Care Unit.
- Reflects the rising importanceof point-of-care ultrasonographywith five hours of expertlynarrated video embedded into 23 relevant chapters, clearly depicting the ideal use of this toolfor intensivists.
- Includes a section on ICUDesign, Organization, Operation, and Outcome Measures that addresses important changes and advances regardingsafety, clinical practice guidelines, decreasing the cost of care,tele-ICU, and more.
- Provides extensive updates reflecting advances incardiovascular intensive care,surgical critical care, shock and trauma, and sepsis management.
- Includes recommendations reflecting randomized controlled clinical trials, summarized, when possible, in quick-reference tables throughout.
Your bookpurchase includes a complimentary download of the enhancedeBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of thesepractical features that will improveyour eBook experience:
- The ability to downloadthe eBook on multiple devices at one time providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools andsmart navigationcross-links that allow you to searchwithin this book, or acrossyour entire library of VitalSourceeBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable youto scale images and textto any sizewithout losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlighttext and add notes with one click
No hay reseñas de clientes en este momento.
1 025,00 €