PKPDawareness is vital if we are to attempt to relate preclinical results to theacute and long term consequences in humans. The debate on whether preclinicalfindings can be translated to the human usage is still engaging scientistsacross industry, academia and regulatory bodies. Pharmacokinetics (PK) andpharmacodynamics (PD) comprise traditionally distinct disciplines withinpharmacology, the study of the interaction of drugs with the body. It is ourintention to show that by deliberately, intimately and systematically integratethese disciplines our understanding of drugs and the efficiency andeffectiveness of drug discovery and development may be greatly enhanced. Thebook is therefore written with a broad audience in mind and focuses on concepts.Pharmacologists of all sorts, safety scientists, pharmacokineticists, medicinalchemists, clinicians, statisticians, veterinarians, animal scienceprofessionals, project leaders and students of medical, pharmaceutical andveterinary sciences are the primary targets.
· Introduces the basics of PK and PD concepts
· Outlines the implications of integrating PK andPD analysis
· Introduces the principles behind differentbiomarkers and inter-species scaling
· Discusses experimental design of PK, PD andsafety studies in non-human species
· Covers numerous real life Case Studies from thedrug discovery arena
No hay reseñas de clientes en este momento.
1 025,00 €