From basic procedures like spays, castrations, and declaws to advanced surgeries like craniotomy, vertal slots, and lung lobectomy, Fossum""s Small Animal Surgery, 5th Editionis the go-to, full-color guide for everything that general veterinarians and vet students needto know about both soft tissueand orthopedic surgery. Five editors bringtheir expert perspective as they discuss the latest advances in key areas such as imagingmodalities, regenerativemedicine, minimally invasivesurgery, and neurology. With each bookadoption, you""ll also haveaccess to the Expert Consult website, which includes a fully searchable version of the book plus step-by-step video clips and animationsof surgical procedures, aftercare instruction handouts, case presentations, references linked to full text articleson PubMed, and an extensive image collection. There is no better resourceto keep youup to date on the latest advances and techniques in small animal surgery!
- Well illustrated, step-by-step instructionsfor surgical techniques provide quick reference to practical how-to information in emergency and clinical situations.
- Anesthesia Protocols offer easy access to recommendations for anesthetizing animals with particular diseases or disorders.
- Coverage of cutting-edge imaging techniques,including radiographs, CT,MRI, and digital imaging, explores the most useful imagingmodalities for demonstrating areas of surgical concern.
- Clinical tips boxes provide at-a-glancesurgical and practice tips.
- Postsurgical care instructions provide customizable client aftercare handouts for many of the procedures in the book.
- Reference links to PubMed grant accessto full-text articles.
New to thisEdition:
- NEW! Expanded sections onthoracoscopy, arthroscopy,and laparoscopy reflect thesignificant growth in minimally invasive procedures in vet medicine.
- NEW! Significantly revisedsection on joint disease includes additional techniques and procedures.
- NEW! Revised chapter on regenerative medicine emphasizes application of stem cell and regenerative medicine technologies to clinical patients.
- NEW! Increased emphasison differential diagnosis helpsyou learn how to avoid misdiagnosesthat result in unnecessary surgery with the inclusion of boxes covering disorders that may mimic the more commonly encountered surgical neurologic problems that are not actual disorders requiring surgical repair.
- NEW! Correlation boxes highlight the advances in veterinary medicine that correlate with human medicine.
- NEW! Expanded chapter on neurologic examination cover how to performa proper neurologic exam to detectproblems in cats and dogs.
- NEW! Step-by-step procedure videos that walk through bothbasic and advanced procedureshave been added to thisnew edition.
- NEW! Aftercare instructionsand rarely performed procedures have been added tothe Expert Consult.
Part I: General Surgical Principles
1. Principles of Surgical Asepsis
2. Care and Handling of Surgical Equipment and Supplies
3. Surgical Facilities and Maintenance of the Surgical Environment
4. Preoperative and IntraoperativeCare of the Surgical Patient
5. Preparation of the OperativeSite
6. Preparation of the SurgicalTeam
7. Surgical Instrumentation
8. Biomaterials, Suturingand Suture Patterns
9. Surgical Infections and Antibiotic Selection
10. Nutritional Managementof the Surgical Patient
11. Fundamentals of Physical Rehabilitation
12. Principles of Anesthesiaand Anesthetics
13. Pain Management and Acupuncture
14. Principles of MinimallyInvasive Surgery and Regenerative Medicine
Part II: Soft Tissue Surgery
15. Surgery of the IntegumentarySystem
16. Surgery of the Eye
17. Surgery of the Ear
18. Surgery of the DigestiveSystem
19. Surgery of the Liver
20. Surgery of the ExtrahepaticBiliary System
21. Surgery of the EndocrineSystem
22. Surgery of the HemolymphaticSystem
23. Surgery of the Kidneyand Ureter
24. Surgery of the Bladderand Urethra
25. Surgery of the Reproductiveand Genital Systems
26. Surgery of the Cardiovascular System
27. Surgery of the Upper Respiratory System
28. Surgery of the Lower Respiratory System: Lungs and Thoracic Wall
29. Surgery of the Lower Respiratory System: Pleural Cavityand Diaphragm
Part III: Orthopedics
30. Fundamentals of Orthopedic Surgeryand Fracture Management
31. Management of SpecificFractures
32. Diseases of the Joints
33. Management of Muscleand Tendon Injury or Disease
34. Other Diseases of Bones and Joints
Part IV: Neurosurgery
35. Neurodiagnostic Overviewfor the Small Animal Surgeon
36. Neurologic Examinationand Relevant Neuroanatomy
37. Surgery of the Brain
38. Surgery of the Cervical Spine
39. Surgery of the ThoracolumbarSpine
40. Surgery of the Cauda Equina
41. Nonsurgical Disordersof the Brain and Spine
42. Peripheral Nervous System Disorders
By Theresa Welch Fossum, DVM, MS, PhD, Dipl ACVS, Department of Small Animal Medicine & Surgery,College of VeterinaryMedicine, Texas A&M University,College Station, TX
No hay reseñas de clientes en este momento.
1 025,00 €