For more than 30 years, Perezand Brady's Principles and Practice of Radiation Oncology has been the must-have standardreference for radiation oncologists and radiation oncology residents who need acomprehensive text covering both the biological and physical science aspects ofthis complex field as well as disease site-specific information on theintegrated, multidisciplinary management of patients with cancer. The book hasestablished itself as the disciplines "text-of-record," belonging onthe shelf of all of those working in the field. The Seventh Edition continuesthis tradition of excellence with extensive updates throughout, many newchapters, and more than 1,400 full-colorillustrations that highlight key concepts in tumorpathogenesis, diagnosis, and targeted radiation therapy.
· Comprehensive coverage of the current state ofknowledge of cancer biology; medical radiation physics; clinical radiationoncology; and radiation oncology economics, ethics, and public policy.
· Regular, twice-yearly content updates availablewith the digital version of the text.
· Ideal for radiation oncologists, radiationoncology residents, radiation biologists, medical radiation physicists,oncologists, physicists-in-training, radiation dosimetrists,and nurses and physician assistants working in radiation oncology departments.
· New chapters include: Proton and Carbon Ion Beam Dosimetry and Treatment Planning; Stereotactic RadiationTherapy; Re-Irradiation; Error Avoidance; Undergraduate, Graduate, andContinuing Medical Education in Radiation Oncology; and a completely rewrittenchapter on the economics of radiation oncology.
· Designed to provide a better understanding of thenatural history of cancer, the physical and technological methods of radiationapplication, the effects of irradiation on normal tissues, and the mostjudicious ways in which radiation therapy can be employed in the treatment ofpatients with cancer, either as a single modality or as part of amulti-modality treatment program.
· All references printed in the book are nowstreamlined for quick access to further information.
· Site-specific chapters include relevantbackground information on each tumorincludingepidemiology, pathology, diagnostic work-up, prognostic factors, treatmenttechniques, applications of surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy and biologicaltherapy, end results, and more.
· Increased focus on new approaches andtechnologies with new and updated chapters.
· Greater emphasis on palliative and supportivecare reflects the role of radiation treatment in non-curative roles.
· An international group of expert chapter authorskeeps you well-informed.
· A completely revised first chapter is designed toprovide an overview of the discipline of radiation oncology. This will beparticularly useful for residents beginning training and medical studentsbeginning a radiation oncology clinical clerkship. The chapter is supplementedwith multiple sidebars to augment the reader's understanding of the field.
Enhance YoureBook Reading Experience
· Read directly on your preferred device(s), such ascomputer, tablet, or smartphone.
· Easily convert to audiobook, powering yourcontent with natural language text-to-speech.
No hay reseñas de clientes en este momento.